Saturday, September 8, 2012

Galaxy Manicure

howdy partners :)
(ugh, never again I swear)



This isn't my first time doing this one.
But it is BY FAR one of my favorites.
It's so easy and it looks so pretty once it's completed.


I used a make-up sponge with turquoise, black, a clear glitter polish and a hot pink.
(optional: a silver shimmer polish)


Start with a coat of black polish.
No need for an extra coat, it'll be covered in a second.
It's just a background color.
 
Next,
take your make-up sponge and sponge on the turquoise, applying as many layers as needed.
After you get the desired turquoise shade, do the same with the pink, blending them together.
 
Here's the optional part:
BEFORE sponging on the turquoise and pink, I sponged on a light layer of silver shimmer.
Why?
Because I am WAY to impatient to do layer after layer of the other colors.
That's what I did the first time.
This time, I did the silver, and only had to apply one layer of turquoise and pink.
Not to mention it added a nice shimmery background instead of a flat one.
But keep in mind this isn't absolutely necessary, its just a little short cut.
 
After the pink and turquoise are blended together, add 2 layers of glitter polish to incorporate the stars.

And viola!







I hope you liked this week's mani!
see you next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment