Thursday, September 6, 2012

Birthday Nightmare

as menacing as the title sounds...
this is a happy post :)

I don't think I've ever mentioned it on here before, but here it is:
I LOVE Color Me Mine.

For those who aren't "in the know" about this (I wasn't until I moved to Virginia),
Color Me Mine is a "paint it yourself" ceramic studio.
And apparently they are ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Basically, you pay money to paint your own shit;
and it's BRILLIANT.

I've already shown you my dad's Father's Day Gift,
and today I'm going to show you my latest (and in my opinion, greatest;)



This is the mug I made for one of my friend's birthdays.
It's inspired by "The Nightmare Before Christmas", one of his favorite movies.


This was by far one of my favorite projects because there was almost no
premeditation.
I had a basic idea of what I wanted and just went with what I felt.
And I LOVE "The Nightmare Before Christmas", 
so it didn't take long for inspiration to come.


Shields (my friend) is lucky I love him because I was half tempted to just keep it for myself.
:)

Since I'm a serial Color-Me-Mine-er,
I'm sure this won't be the last piece you see on here.
Until next time my lovelys ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment