Thursday, February 20, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: Lady Crush

Day 19:
a picture of your lady crush



 
Kate Winslet, hands down.

I've loved her since Titanic (favorite movie everr.)
She is so unbelievably beautiful and talented.
 
There are a few of her films that I'm not super fond of (looking at you Quills :S ), but I always love her characters.
Aside from the infamous Rose, I especially love Iris Simpkins from The Holiday.
She plays a woman that we can all relate to...a woman who falls victim to unrequited love.
No matter who we are, every woman has had feelings for someone that hasn't reciprocated.
And it hurts like hell.

But seeing Iris rise above the shambles of her crushed self esteem and stand up for herself always makes me feel proud and empowered, and gives a whole new meaning to the word "gumption" ;)

Another thing that makes her wonderful is her stance on body image.

“As a child, I never heard one woman say to me: ‘I love my body.’ Not my mother, my elder sister, my best friend. Not one woman has ever said: ‘I am so proud of my body.’ So, I make sure I say it to Mia, because a positive physical outlook has to start from a very early age.”


Seriously though, there are two types of people in the world:
People who would bang Kate Winslet, and liars.

Who's your lady crush?

See you laterrrr!


No comments:

Post a Comment