Friday, February 21, 2014

Miss Alyss

Hey guys!

Meet Alyssa :)
I can't believe I haven't told you about Alyssa yet.
Insanity.

Alyssa is the friend that I've been doing the 30 Day Photo Challenge with, so I've been talking about her a bit here and there lately in my posts. There's really only one thing you need to know about her:
She is AMAZING.

Alyssa and I have known each other since we were 12 (maybe 11).
She knew me when I had my buck teeth and I knew her when she was even tinier than she is now.
(For serious you guys, she's adorable as fuck).

We sang in choir together and had a lot of the same friends, but we didn't really become close until Junior High. And then we were inseparable**

** some people may think that I'm using that word figuratively, for for reals, we were always together, and usually hanging off of each other **

We were part of a bigger group of friends throughout Jr. High and High School. We would sing together, make ridiculous home movies (parodies, fake music videos, random nonsense...) together, and grew up together. It was an absolute blast :)

But, as to be expected growing up in a small town, our little group disbanded toward the end of our time at EHS. Nothing bad happened, we just sort of went our separate ways. Some of our posse graduated before us, others left for college, a handful moved away just because.
We'll still meet for coffee when we're back at home at the same time, but other than that I don't see much of our old gang.

But somehow, even with her leaving for school and me moving all the way to Virginia, Alyssa and I have managed to stay as close as ever :)
Not geographically obviously, but even with
2,836.8 miles (yeah I googled it) between us, I still feel like she is one of my greatest friends and she's always there when I need her.


 ^^ she hated that nose so much LOL


We can go months without speaking (rare) and pick right back up like we had just seen each other yesterday.

She even came to visit me last year :D
We had SO MUCH FUN!

we drank green dranks on St. Paddy's Day

went to the Virginia Aquarium :)

jammed with Giles and Luna 
(yeah we name our instruments after fictional characters, WHAT OF IT?!)


we even went on a mermaid hunt :)

One of the main reasons that we chose to do this 30 Day Photo Challenge is so we can see how much we've changed in the last few years of us living so far apart. Even if it's just in little ways, we aren't the same people we were 3 years ago.


She's just awesome, and since I'm probably going to be talking about her more and more, I felt that you needed to know about her awesomeness as well :)

ooh, and just to give you an idea about the shenanigans:


This is us in my bathtub. Because that's just how we roll ;)


happy friday everyone :)
see you tomorrow!


 

PS: Alyssa does some pretty awesome covers on her Youtube channel, be sure to check her out ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment