Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tunesday: A Tribute To Robin Williams


The world lost one of the greats yesterday :(
I've already talked, I've already cried, and it's probably the saddest I've been about a celebrity death in a while.

So for this Tunesday, I wanted to look back on some of his great musical performances.

"Aint Never Had a Friend Like Me" from Aladdin

Genie has and always will be one of my favorite Robin Williams characters.
The tweet that The Academy sent out after his death almost killed me.


"I Eat Wood / The Raptor Rap" from Mrs. Doubtfire

Mrs. Doubtfire is a movie I could watch over and over again. I did the whole "back and forth between mom's house and dad's house" thing when I was a kid, so it was something I could really relate to. The Raptor Rap was the first rap I was ever able to memorize, and I was pleased as shit with myself.


 
"Batty's Rap" from Ferngully

Batty was the one good thing I remember about Ferngully. To be fair, I haven't watched it in YEARS, but I remember always liking Batty. It didn't even occur to me until a few years ago that Robin Williams had provided the voice for the character, and then I liked him even more :)


 He was an incredible artist and human being, and he will be truly missed.
RIP Robin Williams

See you guys soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment