Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Father's Day

yes, yes I know...

Father's Day was MONTHS ago.
I am aware.
I did the same thing when I posted about my mom's mother day gift.
Something about parental holidays I guess.

But never the less, I am very proud of my dad's gift so I'm going to share it with you anyway :)

 

Let me give you a little back story.
My dad collects beer steins, and he's the best dad in the world.
So this year, I decided that, since I've been on a bit of a creative DIY kick,
that I would make (or at least paint) one for him.

It took me forever to decide how to decorate it, and after a week long debate, 
I decided to go with a Wenatchee theme.
For those of you who don't know, 
Wenatchee is a small (but not too small) town in central Washington.
It's where I grew up.
The valley is separated down the middle by the Columbia River and is known for it's agriculture.
In fact, we are the Apple Capital of the world :)
no big deal :)


I painted the whole stein powder blue and cream.
In the center, I painted an emblem with the Columbia River and the George Sellar Bridge.
On either side of the emblem I painted cherry blossoms.



Across the top, bottom and handle I painted apples.
Red Delicious, Golden Delicious & Grannie Smiths :)
and that's my signature at the bottom.



and of course a little message on the back :)


I painted it at one of those "paint your own pottery" places.
It is currently one of my favorite places, EVER.

My dad loved his stein,
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
:)

Just wanted to pop in and share.
See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment