Sunday, July 20, 2014

Go Fish

Hey guys :)
Today, we embarked on a fishing adventure. I hadn't been since I was a kid, and even though I'm a horrible fisher(wo)man, I had a great time being out and about and discovering more of Virginia's natural beauty.
We didn't really catch anything, but I got lots of pictures ;)







   


Frank was the only one who caught anything, and sadly he (she?) had to be thrown back anyway.
I saw 3 little water snakes, which were cute and terrifying all at the same time (I liked when they poked their little heads out of the water :). The guys saw a really big poisonous snake on one of the trails, something I was grateful to miss. Not going to lie guys, I would've lost my shit. When it comes to legless lizards, I'm a way less bad ass version of Indiana Jones.

It was also really cool because it reminded me of all the great time I had with my grandpa when I was little.
He was the one who actually taught me how to fish, and even though I wasn't really into it as a kid (and still not super into it now), it's always something that I'll fondly remember. The flannel shirt Bryan is wearing in all the pictures was actually one of his :) I like to think that he'd be proud.

What are you up to this weekend?

See you soon ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment