Tuesday, August 14, 2012

DIY: Button Band




So...

Today I was cleaning out (who am I kidding? ransacking) 
my closet when I came across all of my wrapping paper from the last year.
There were about 5 rolls in total; some were from 
last Christmas and others I have on hands for bdays and other miscellaneous gifts.
And, like all the other things jammed in the closet, they were a mess.
The paper was coming off all the rolls, resulting in A LOT of ruined wrapping material.
Boo.
But then I got an idea.
A very simple idea.


What you'll need:

I went and found a handful of rubber bands,
a baggy of buttons,
(I had a TON leftover after my Button Bracelet tutorial)
and a pair of scissors.


WARNING:
This is the easiest tutorial EVER.


Step 1:

Cut the band.


Step 2:

Thread the band through the button.


Step 3:

Tie the band together at the end.

^^ and your done :)



Hold the button and wrap the rubber band around the tube.
Once its all the way around, take the end of the band and loop it around the button.

You can use it for any "bunches".
Pens, wrapping paper, paint brushes, thick ribbon, cords, ect.


Like I said, 
this is one of the easiest tutorials on the face of the planet.
But I thought it was a cool idea so I thought I'd share it with all of you :)

Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment