Monday, August 6, 2012

Movie Time: The Dark Knight Rises


 Starring: 
Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Marion Cotillard & Morgan Freeman


Remember how I mentioned that I have things I tend to lose my shit over?
My nerdy eccentric things?
Well, Batman is one of them.

Ever since I could remember, I have loved the Bat.
Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher, and Christopher Nolan,
dark, campy, and serious,
I love it all.

So as you can imagine,
I have been DYING for this movie for a long time.
But sadly, I didn't get to go until last night.
And let me just say...
IT WAS INCREDIBLE.

I have a confession...
When the trailer for this movie came out, I was a little worried.
Looking back, I don't know why, Christopher Nolan's movies NEVER disappoint.
But I need to be honest, I had doubts.
Here's why:



The Dark Knight.
It was one of the best movies I've ever seen.
It was groundbreaking.
Incredible acting, story, effects, music, everything.
It pushed the limits, kept audiences on the edge of their seats, and left us all begging for more.

I watched the Dark Knight Rises trailer the day that it came out.
There were explosions, a new villain, a new ally, a flying bat vehicle, prisoners with AK-47s,
a crumbled Gotham, and Bruce Wayne in an ancient prison somewhere in the desert.
Lots and lots of new material.
And all I could think was:
"How the FUCK are they going to squeeze all that into one movie, have it make sense, AND compare to The Dark Knight?"
I was genuinely worried.

That, and, I really REALLY don't like Catwoman.
Any time I've ever seen her, whether it be in a movie, a video game, or even an old comic book,
she's always portrayed as a total SKANK.
I thought she would ruin it for sure.

But it was perfect.
Everything made sense, everything fit together wonderfully, 
and it was more than a worthy conclusion to the Dark Knight Trilogy.



Oh, and the role of Catwoman was actually not that bad at all.
She wasn't hypersexualized like all the other versions I had seen in the past.
She was just a badass jewel thief that knew how to handle herself,
the way Catwoman SHOULD be.

I can't really say anything else without spoiling parts of the movie, I'll just say that it's absolutely amazing and that EVERYONE should see this movie.
Like, now.

OVERALL:

See you all next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment