Wednesday, July 4, 2012

DIY: Earring Frame

I've been seeing things like this everywhere

Picture frames being upcycled to create jewelry holders.
It's all over Pinterest, and almost every DIY blog I've seen lately.



It's such a cool idea.
But the thing is, almost every tutorial I've found requires all sorts of different materials
(wires, hooks, cork board, ect.)
Basically, things I would have to order or purchase specially for this one little project.

So I messed around with it and made my own :)

And the best part?
I only needed 3 THINGS to make mine:)



You will need:
- a picture frame (size doesn't matter)
- some fabric (I used an old white t-shirt)
- scissors


Step 1:

Take apart your frame.
Remove the glass.
All you'll be needing is the frame itself and the backing.


Step 2:

Lay out your fabric, making sure it's larger than the back of the frame.
Place the back on the fabric.


Step 3:
Wrap the fabric around the back of the frame.


Step 4:
Once it's completely covered,
twist the remaining fabric, making it fit tightly around the backing.


Step 5:
Keeping the fabric taut,
insert the backing back into the frame.
Step 6:
 
Once the backing is back in the frame, you may release the fabric.
Make sure that the backing is completely in place.


Step 7:

Take your scissors and cut around the sides of the frame.
Be sure to leave a little bit of extra fabric, just in case;)


Back View^^


Front View ^^


TA-DA!
Now just slide the back of your earrings into the fabric and you're done!

Use the frame stand and set it on your vanity!


Or hang it on the wall!

It's great for buttons and pendants too! :)


Thanks for stopping by loves,
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
See you next time!


P.S: Happy Fourth Everyone! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment