Monday, July 2, 2012

Nerdgasm

nerd/nərd/

Noun:
  1. An unfashionable or socially inept person.
  2. A person with an eccentric devotion to a particular interest.

Yep, that about sums it up.


Hey everyone :)
Today I decided to talk to you about my favorite thing.


  Harry Potter

When I was 10 years old, my teacher was trying to get me into reading.
She tried everything, The Box Car Children, Nancy Drew, and I was having none of it.
"Reading is stupid!"
Finally, with one final effort, she told me about a new book series; a series about 
a boy named Harry Potter.
I had heard of the books, but I had no idea what they were about.
My teacher finally convinced me to give them a chance,
and I, rather reluctantly, started reading
"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".

And since that day I've been completely hooked.

In the summer of 2011, the last Harry Potter movie came out in theaters,
and I waited in line to see it during its midnight release.
And on my way home, I started crying.
My childhood was over.

 
And then there was Pottermore.

For anyone who doesn't know,
Pottermore is a
unique and free website 
that creates an exciting online experience around the Harry Potter books.
In short, a treasure trove for any Potterhead.
With each chapter you learn new things the J.K. Rowling 
never released about the Wizarding World.

Basically, you follow in Harry's footsteps through the stories.
You go to Flourish & Blotts to get your textbooks,
you got to Ollivander's and get picked out by a wand (the wand picks the wizard),

you even get Sorted.


this is by far what I was most excited for.

I always wondered what House I would belong to.
I had my ideas, but I had always wanted to know for certain.
When I found out that this was part of the online world,
I almost lost my shit.
I was so excited.

Sadly, I wasn't chosen to participate in the Beta testing,
so I didn't get to join Pottermore until two months ago.
The Sorting Ceremony was awesome, I loved it for two reasons: 

1.)   J.K. Rowling wrote it herself.

(meaning it's as real as it could possibly get) 
&
2.)  It's cheat-proof.
There is NO WAY of picking and choosing to get a house on purpose.

Turns out, I'm a Gryffindor :)



It's really cool to see who is placed in which House.
I have at least one friend in each.

The House Cup is announced on July 5th
I'm pretty excited :)

I have a SHIT ton of HP themed projects that I will be sharing with you.
Now you know why :)

See you next time, lovelys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment