Monday, July 9, 2012

Movie Time: Ted


 

Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis & Seth McFarlane

Let me just start by saying that
I LOVE Seth McFarlene.
Family Guy, American Dad, both absolutely hilarious.
So if you're not a fan of those,
this may not be the movie for you.

This movie is about a young boy who wants nothing more than a friend.
And thanks to a magical wish after receiving a brand new teddy bear for Christmas,
he finally has one. 
Now, after 27 years of friendship, 
John has to choose between staying young at heart with his teddy bear or
growing up and settling down with his girlfriend Lori.

After all the movies that I've gone to see in the theater,
I always try to keep my hopes low, especially if it's something that I'm super excited about.
That way I'm not completely disappointed when it doesn't meet the crazy expectations I've formed in my mind.


And thanks to that mind-set, this movie was really funny and enjoyable :)
Lots of "fucks", and lots of sexual innuendo, 
basically any Seth McFarlane project, but with an R rating.
But I'm happy to say that there was heart under all of it, 
something that I was really hoping for.


The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was all the drug humor.
I've never done drugs before so it's something that I just can't relate to.

Marky Mark & Mila Kunis both did a really good job,
and Seth's voice over was hilarious as always :)

OVERALL:

See you next time loves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment