Tuesday, February 26, 2013

HP Challenge: Day 2

Q: Which is your favorite Harry Potter movie?

A: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part II)



As I said yesterday 
(and probably as I'll say almost every day for the rest of this challenge),
they are all great.
Yes, some of the movies were better than others, but as a whole, it was a great series.

But there was something special about this one.
Not only was the movie amazing (making me cry a total of 6 times throughout)
but it was special because of the people I saw it with.

For everyone who doesn't know,
I used to live in a small (ish) town in Washington state,
until I got married and moved all the way across the country to Virginia,
leaving most of my friends and family behind.

This movie came out about 5 weeks before I moved.

My friends (remember Kelsie?) and I decided that we had to go for the midnight release (something I haven't dared to do since the Twilight fiasco).
Which was crazy, because it seemed that everyone else we went to high school with decided to too.
When we got into the theater, almost every single face was a familiar one.

I don't know, but for some reason that was kind of awesome to me.
We all grew up reading the books, and it was kind of poetic that everyone gathered for the last chapter.
We laughed together, cried together, and cheered together.
We truly are the Harry Potter generation.

When I was driving home (at 2:30am) from the theater,
I could feel my childhood end, and I was happy and sad all at the same time.

Powerful stuff.

Which was your favorite?

See you tomorrow :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment