Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tunesday: I've Just Seen a Face


So I'm about to drop a truth bomb on you...
I really didn't like Across the Universe :(
I know, I know. I love musicals and colorful cinematography and all that.
And I really like The Beatles too.

But I really REALLY hated Across the Universe.
It came out when I was a junior in high school, and I was so excited when I saw the trailer for the first time.
But then when I saw the movie, I couldn't have been more disappointed.
And everyone (including myself) couldn't believe it.
 
But I've been obsessed with this clip for the last few weeks:
 
"I've Just Seen a Face" performed by Jim Sturgess

This is by far my favorite Beatles' song and I stumbled on this clip when I was looking for the original.

I figured what the hell and watched it, and now I'm torn.
Jim Sturgess's face and voice REALLY makes me want to give the movie a second chance (was I too young to appreciate it? ) but at the same time I'm nervous that it'll let me down again.
What should I do?

But anyway, enjoy this little ditty for today's Tunesday :)
See you soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment