Friday, March 1, 2013

HP Challenge: Day 4

Q: Which is your favorite female character?

A: Hermione Granger

**CONTAINS SPOILERS**

I have a confession.
I HATED Hermione is the first book. 
She was bossy and snotty and thought she was better than everyone else. Not to mention the fact that she was a total know-it-all, which couldn't be more annoying in an 11-year-old.
I didn't really start to "tolerate" her character until book 3, but once I got to book 5 I absolutely loved her.

You may be thinking:
"But Kat, if you disliked her for half of the series, how could she be your favorite?"
I'll tell you you wonderful wonderer.
 
In book 5, 6, & 7 shit got real, 
and Hermione was the ONLY reason they were able to make it through. 
I don't know if it was Cedric's death or the return of You-Know-Who, but I swear, it was like someone bitch slapped Hermione. 
She became less concerned about her reputation and following the rules and more about fighting the good fight. By the end of the series, she was a fucking hero. And I think it was that transformation from brat to beast that made me love her.
Not to mention the fact that she and Ron are amazing together.

Professor McGonagall was a close second.

See you tomorrow :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment