Tuesday, March 4, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: The Bucket

Day 30:
a picture of the most important thing on your bucket list



 
Sadly, this is kind of an anti-climatic end to our 30 Day Challenge, considering I've already talked about the most important things on my bucket list. But the greatest one by far is writing a book.

I have so many stories in my head.
Seriously, my brain is full of characters and plot twists and random dialogue. 

At this point it's really just a matter of getting them on paper.
But if this challenge has done anything, it's lit a fire under me to actually get on it.
 

It's so easy to procrastinate with something like this.
There are so many deadlines in life, so many responsibilities that we owe to other people.
Our families, our bosses, our friends, it feels like everything is always in demand.
So the things that we do for ourselves are usually put on the back burner and saved until "we have the time".
But guess what? You will NEVER have the time if you don't make the time.
We always think that we're working for something, some sort of time when things will make sense and we'll have all this time to do whatever we want.
(And then we realize that that's what retirement is all about;)
 

If I keep waiting for "spare time", I'll never finish a book.
So, here it goes... as of today I'm going to make a point of working on my story at least once a day, even if it's just a paragraph or two. It may not be great, but it's better than what I'm doing now.
Wish me luck ;)


Honorable Mentions:
Seeing the Northern Lights.
Petting a manatee.
Owning a successful bakery.
Master the guitar.
Travel through time. (only kind of kidding o,O)

What's #1 on your bucket list?

See you later :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment