Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pot O' Gold Cupcakes



Pot O' Gold Cupcakes
 

I made these for St. Paddy's Day (along with a batch of Chocolate Stout Cupcakes).



I don't know why but when I was shopping for ingredients I just knew I had do something rainbow-y.
I see these tutorials all the time about layering different colors of batter and it turns out that it really is as easy as it looks.


I made the rainbows and pots of gold with colored chocolate.
They turned out alright (I'm a bit of a perfectionist :/ ), but I think next time I'll use sprinkles instead of food coloring (like those sticky sand art pictures from back in the day.) It's just too hard to make "red" white chocolate. It's a fucking catch 22. The amount of food coloring required to turn the chocolate red (not pink) messes with the consistency of the chocolate, making it impossible to work with. I'm sure someone knows how to do it, but I've yet to discover the secret.

And yes I know, Candy Melts. Sadly I'm all out :(

But yeah :) Overall I'm happy with them. When I try again I'll post a tutorial :)

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment