Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 7: Seven Obscure Facts about Hooch


Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!!
I know it's technically after midnight, but I'm from Washington state and it's only 9:30 there ;)
For the last day of my 7 Days of Booze installment (since we're all probably liquored out by now, happy Monday btw) I've decided to fill your heads with random fun facts about alcohol :)


7 Obscure Facts About Hooch


1. It takes an average of 600 grapes to make one bottle of wine.
 

2. It is rumored that one of the main reasons FDR was elected president was because he pledged to put an end to prohibition.

3. Bourbon is the official liquor of the United States.
 

4. Winston Churchill's mother is known for creating The Manhattan.
 

5. People would use rum to clean their hair in the 1800's.

6. The first "toast"s took place in ancient Rome when it was customary to drop toasted bread into red wine to wish good health onto others.

7. It is believed that one of the Pilgrim's main motives for stopping at Plymouth Rock (as opposed to continuing to their desired destination) was because they were out of alcohol (and other supplies).

I hope you've enjoyed this installment over the last week :)
I plan to do something very similar for other holidays (particularly Halloween :)
But don't worry, I'll have WAY more to talk about.

I hope everyone had a wonderful / safe holiday!
See you soon :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment