Sunday, March 2, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: Songs Songs Songs

Day 29:
a picture of your favorite song

 


It's kind of tough to take a picture of a song.
It's tough to PICK a favorite song in the first place.

You've got your songs with the perfect melody, your songs with lyrics that make you feel like someone is stealing your thoughts, and songs that you hate that you love.

We love some songs for a few weeks, others for a few years and some that we love forever.
There are different genres, tones and moods, how the hell was I supposed to pick?

I wracked my brains for days; I even asked Alyssa for help.

Moments after I sent the message, I thought about the Moulin Rouge version of "Your Song", literally seconds before she messaged me with the same thing. She just gets me ;)

But then I started thinking about "Come What May", or the wonderful "Elephant Love Medley", and that one breath taking moment when Ewan McGregor sings about the hills being alive with music.


 

^^Skip to 00:28, this is the only video I could find of it, the rest of it is in Spanish :/

So, I've decided just to choose the entire Moulin Rouge soundtrack.
Alyssa and I watched it together when we were in Junior High (well, she showed it to me) and I fell in love.
With Baz, with the music, with the characters, with everything.
The movie was beautifully done, and even now (roughly 100 viewings later) it still gives me goosebumps.



And one of the great things about Moulin Rouge is even though it's a musical, all of it's music is generic enough (and mostly covers) to be enjoyed even outside of the movie.

But yeah. It's love<3

See you laterrr ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment