Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 5: Tips for Curing a Hangover


I'm no alky, 
but like so many others I do enjoy knocking a few back when I'm out spending time with my friends. We usually do pretty well with recognizing our limits, but of course everyone occasionally has one of those nights that ALWAYS turns into one of those mornings (especially March 18).
Hopefully this post will help you prepare for the day after the drunkest holiday of the year.


Tips for Curing a Hangover

I found this diagram on Pinterest not too long ago and think it's perfect for this post.


Above is a diagram describing exactly what's going on in your body when you experience the wretchedness of a hangover (left) and ways to ease some of the discomfort (right). Some of the remedies are obvious (pain killers, water, sports drinks) while others are things that I would have never thought of (gimme a break, I'm hungover.)

But in actuality the best way to cure a hangover is avoiding one altogether.
It can be as easy as alternating alcoholic drinks and water while you're out and about (drink a beer, have a water, have a martini, more water, ect.), to making sure you eat before and while you drink (bread is awesome).

Here's what I do:
When I know that I'm over the line, right before I go to bed I drink a GIGANTIC cup of water and take an Advil (I'm talking like a soup bowl sized mug of water). Once I get it all down I usually feel pretty miserable and like my stomach may explode, but I always feel great the next morning. I'll continue to drink water and Gatorade the next day, but it's really just a precaution.

People swear by all kinds of different remedies, but this has proven to be the most successful hangover relief for me. Obviously the best way to avoid a hangover is just to make sure you don't drink too much, but as we all know, shit happens.

Hopefully you won't need this, but it's here just in case ;)

See you tomorrow!
**Please keep in mind that I am not a doctor and these are just amateur suggestions to avoid a nasty next morning. Everyone is different, so therefore not all hangovers can be cured the same way.**  
***Also, this post is not meant to promote excessive drinking in any way. Please drink responsibly.***

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing great tips about Tips for Curing a Hangover. I will definitely try your tips and avoiding my some hangover kit. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with these tips, also one more way to avoid hangover after drinking is to grab a shot of anti hangover after you're done drinking or before going to bed. Read more at Best Way to Stop Hangover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tips for curing a hangover problem is good information all people, if we use this tips and use Hangover Cure Drink before party we get best result.

    ReplyDelete