Sunday, April 13, 2014

20 Minute Mermaid Hair


Summer's on its way, so it's time for beachy waves to make their annual comeback ;)


20 Minute Mermaid Hair



For most of my life I have had short hair.
Not boy short (only once...not for me), but chin length bob short.
When I got engaged I figured I should start growing it out for the wedding.
You know, maximize my style options.
It's been 2.5 years since Bryan and I got married, and it's still growing.
I really really like it long, so I have no idea when it'll be short again. Maybe never.

But now that it's long, I actually have to find new ways to style it.
I'm kind of going through a mermaid thing right now, so I'm guessing that this will be a staple hairstyle this summer :)


Here's what you'll need:
a straightening iron
hair ties (4)
hair spray
I started with it just normal.
My hair is super straight and crazy thick.
I just brushed through it.

I split my hair into four sections.
I braided each section, starting as high up as I could.
For tighter crimps, make tighter braids.
For looser waves, well you get it.
(I was rocking the SHIT out of those braids by the way...)

Slowly, run a straightener over each braid.
I've seen different tutorials where people will twist the braids, but that's never really worked for me so I just do it straight down. Make sure each bit of hair is evenly heated through the braid.

Once each braid has been straightened, let the braids cool down.
This will help ensure that the crimps stay longer.
Once they've cooled, unwind your braids.

Fluff fluff fluff, spritz with hair spray and BOOM.


I'm really excited to wear my hair like this out somewhere :)

I hope this helps anyone trying to find an easy way to get summer waves :)
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment