Friday, April 25, 2014

30 Day Disney Challenge: Long Live the King

Day 17:
a movie that makes you cry


I don't know if I've ever mentioned it on here before, but I am a straight up weeper.
Movies, TV shows, the occasional music video (seriously, go watch the Mirrors video and tell me you didn't sob a little), anything that's incredibly sad or overwhelmingly happy, I cry.
Sometimes a little, sometimes alot, it really depends on the situation.
So it can't be surprising that there are several Disney movies that make me a little misty.
But the worst one of all?
No question.


I can't even THINK about Simba finding Mufasa without wanting to weep.
I used to watch The Lion King all the time as a kid, but stopped when I was like 7 and didn't watch it again until I was 13 or 14. And even though I knew everything that was going to happen, I was NOT prepared for the tidal wave of sorrow that hit me when Mufasa died. It was like... I had seen it before, but I didn't really understand until that moment. And it was HORRIBLE.

But if I keep talking about it, I'll probably cry so...yeah.
Which Disney movie is your emotional kryptonite?

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. The Fox and the Hound. So many parts of that movie make me cry. But Lion King is a very close second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched that one in YEARS. But I remember it making me really sad when I was a kid so I can't even imagine how I would handle it as an adult :/

      Delete