Wednesday, April 23, 2014

30 Day Disney Challenge: Lock Him In a Cage and Then Throw Away the Key

Day 15:
favorite villain song

I don't usually like the villain songs that much.
It's not that they aren't great songs, because usually they are.
It's just, it's the villain. Villains are bad.
Yes yes, some villains are misunderstood and tortured and I can't help but feel sorry for them, but I can't really recall any songs they sing.

So I went with "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" from Nightmare Before Christmas.

 
I LOVE Tim Burton's work.
I've been a little disappointed some of the stuff he's come out with in the last few years but I'm not going to give up hope ;) Nightmare is one of my all time favorite movies, and one of the main reasons is the music.
"Kidnap the Sandy Claws" isn't my favorite from the movie, but I think that is probably my favorite villain song. 

But I will admit, it is creepy as hell when you REALLY listen to it. You don't realize when you're a kid how fucked up some of their plans are, but they really are.

"Kidnap the Sandy Claws, chop him into bits, Mr. Oogie Boogie is sure to get his kicks."

Plus they talk about eating him.
Yeah, little bit terrifying.

What's your favorite villain song?
See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment