Monday, April 7, 2014

30 Day Disney Challenge: The Man Maker

Day 2:
favorite disney song


"I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan

Mulan was high on my list of possible favorites for yesterday, but the title was snatched by Hocus Pocus.
But it's okay, Mulan will be mentioned several times during this challenge ;)

So I've chosen "I'll Make a Man Out of You" as my favorite song, simply because it belongs to one of my favorite Disney montages. 
Don't get me wrong, I grew up like most little girls dreaming about being a beautiful princess and being swept away by some handsome bloke who loved the shit out of me.
Let's be honest, we all did.

But then I saw Mulan when I was 8, and suddenly wanted to become a badass.
It's no joke; I truly believe that Mulan is the one who started my appreciation for strong female characters.
(Buffy, Lisbeth Salander, any of Charlie's Angels, all role models at one point in my life ;)
But I'll talk more about that tomorrow (spoiler alert ;)

But yeah, I love this song because it's just an awesome sequence.


It's so inspirational, and as a kid it taught me that it's never too late as long as you don't give up on yourself. You aren't going to be good at everything (in all honestly, you're probably going to suck at SO MUCH STUFF), but if there's something you really want and you work your ass off, anything is possible.

Plus it's awesome when she kicks him in the face. You can't deny it, Shang was kind of a dick up until that point ;)

Want to join Alyssa and I with our challenge?
Leave a comment with your favorite Disney song :)

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment