Sunday, April 20, 2014

30 Day Disney Challenge: Looks Like She's the Queen

Day 12:
favorite disney outfit



I'm sure I've said it on here before, but just in case I haven't:
I LOVE HALLOWEEN.
I have ever since I was a kid, although my reasons have evolved.
When I was younger, I was all about the scare factor. Horror movies, haunted houses, scary stories, the whole shabang. As an adult, (although I still love all of that) I've gotten REALLY into elaborate costumes and make up. I went as a Forest Sprite a couple years ago and it got me totally hooked.

I know what you're thinking:
"Kat, what does this have to do with your favorite Disney outfit?"
Well I'll tell you: I have been trying to put together a "Snow Queen" Halloween costume for YEARS.
I've watched all the make up tutorials, I've searched and searched for the perfect costume (try typing "snow queen" into any costume website, and behold the nothingness), and every year something happens to crush my dream :(
I was SO CLOSE one year. 
I ordered an angel costume and had plans to alter it (dye it, cut it, all sorts), but it never came in the mail.
I ended up being a pirate :( lame.

But back to Elsa.
When I started seeing all the stuff for Frozen I almost squealed when I saw Elsa's "snow outfit". It was just so PERFECT, it was exactly what I had always pictured when I imagined my dream costume. Sadly, this is a bittersweet end to my costume search, especially since I probably won't ever be an Snow Queen now. The costume will be WAY too mainstream for the next couple years, and it just doesn't seem as original anymore :(

But yeah, do you have a favorite outfit?
Tell me about it :)
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment