Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tunesday: Let It Go


Hey guys ;)
Sorry I missed last Tunesday, but if I'm being totally honest it wouldn't have been a great one even if I had been here. Sadly, I haven't heard any great new music as of late :(

Today, I'm going to cave and jump on the bandwagon.

"Let It Go" Performed by Idina Menzel

So, somehow I didn't see Frozen when it came out in theaters.
Yeah, I don't know, I think it was a combination of not having someone to go see it with (sad face) and not being fully aware of how highly anticipated it really was.
But shit did I regret it when the fandom exploded.

EVERYONE was talking about this movie, and I had no way to understand (short of googling the plot synopsis, and I REFUSE.) All I knew is everyone loved it, and that I had to see it the second it was out on DVD.

Aside from all the references and general praise the film received, I started to see this song EVERYWHERE.
Links to iTunes and Youtube, covers, people on Facebook quoting the lyrics (my friends are the coolie-est), even a special performance on The Tonight Show.
People were shitting themselves over this song, and again, I had no idea why.

It got to the point where I started to worry about NOT liking the movie when I finally saw it, thinking that there was no way it could live up to the ridiculous hype.
^^a mindset that plagues me with many movies I don't see in theaters.

But luckily, it was as good as anticipated :) I mean, I'm not posting all about it and watching it on a loop, but I really did like it a lot. Disney usually does a good job ;)
And again, like anticipated, the song is gets into your fucking heart and won't leave, not to mention how amazing Idina is singing it. I've loved her for years and got REALLY excited when I found out she was the voice of Elsa.
Usually the singing voices of Disney princesses are more about theatrics and less about emotion, but Idina Menzel has an abundance of both :)

Here are some of the covers I was talking about:


Africanized Tribal Cover


Disney & Pixar Voice Cover


Cover by Caleb Hyles
^^dude has CRAZY pipes.

But yeah, as much as a I hate talking about something that's new to me but old news to everyone else,
enjoy :)

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment