Monday, April 28, 2014

30 Day Disney Challenge: A Little Mermaid

Day 19:
an old disney photo of you

Sorry I'm a day late, I needed my mom to send me this photo ^^ ;)

So that's me (yes, I'm adorable) singing "Part of Your World" at my second grade talent show.
(The picture says that it's 1994 but it wasn't, this is from 1999 I think)

I remember that I signed up to sing the second the talent show flyer was posted, but I had nothing prepared. I must've picked up procrastination early in life because I remember it being only a few days until the show and still having no idea what I was going to do.
My mom stepped in and told me I was going to sing "Part of Your World". I'm guessing she chose this one because I watched The Little Mermaid on a loop in my even earlier years.
I spent the next few days listening to the song over and over and over and over, determined to kill it at the show.

 And we came correct. We dyed my hair and dolled me up; I even wore a swim suit with my fin because I thought it was more authentic (though I still felt the need to wear my little rubber rain boots... little Kat's common sense wasn't quite there yet...).

But yeah, I got up there and sang my little 8 year old heart out, and I remember it going really well :)
It's one of my favorite early(er) memories :)

I also dressed up as Snow White and Jasmine for Halloween (different years) and played The White Rabbit in Alice In Wonderland when I was 10.

Kudos to my mother, I had to have her look through all of our photo albums to find this ;)

See you guys tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment