Tuesday, April 22, 2014

30 Day Disney Challenge: Rotten Judgement

Day 14:
favorite love song


This was another tough one.
Honestly, how do you pick a favorite?
Kiss the Girl, A Whole New World, Can You Feel the Love Tonight (aka runner up to today's challenge), I have a weak spot for all of them.
But after careful consideration, I've decided to go with "I Won't Say I'm In Love" from Hercules.


I always liked Meg, and I think the main reason is because my Grandma didn't.
She would never actually say it, but she totally thought that Meg was a whore. She would make that face that women her age would make when they saw or heard something vulgar, so naturally I thought she was cool.
It wasn't until I got older that I realized that my Grandma (Grammie ;) was right.
Well, she wasn't a whore, but she wasn't really a nice girl.

I have 2 main reasons to like this song:

The first reason is that this song reflects something that almost EVERY woman (and probably man for that matter) has felt at some point. No one wants to admit they're in love, at least not at first. Whether its a cute guy you've been talking to or an old friend that you've noticed in a new light, no one likes developing a crush. 
Because when you think about it, being in love is kind of crazy. 
It makes your heart pound and ties your stomach in knots; it can make you laugh or cry or make you angrier than you ever thought you could be. It can make you strong and weak at the same time, or even make you want to change things about youself. 
All that just for the love of another person? Sounds pretty insane to me.
But guess what? We've all been there.
But what's even stronger than feelings of love?
Fears of rejection. That's why we won't say we're in love.

The second reason is that me and one of my best friends in junior high / high school used to sing this ALL THE TIME.
We took voice lessons together and would sing it constantly (though I can't remember if we ever actually performed it anywhere...) She was Meg, I was the Muses (cause I'm all wise and shit).


But yeah :)
Which is your favorite?
See you laterrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment