Wednesday, April 16, 2014

30 Day Disney Challenge: Olympus Would Be That Way

Day 9:
favorite disney villain


This one was kind of difficult.
Not that I'm overly fond of bad men and women, but there are so many different kinds of villains.
Some are misunderstood, some are greedy and corrupt, and some are just straight up evil.
After every consideration, I decided to go with Hades.

I think the reason I like him so much is because he's totally nutsack... and it's hilarious.
The entire movie is basically things not going according to plan and Hades (aka James Woods;) losing his shit.


And the best part is that he always tries to pretend that he's not mad.
Like, he's totally aware of how bipolar and batshit insane he sounds, ALL THE TIME.
And yes, he's a bad person, but I can't help but feel bad for Hades.
I honestly think that he wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so jealous of Zeus and all the other douchy gods up in Olympus. I mean think about it, all these guys get to hang out in the sky and you're stuck underground with a bunch of stiffs. Wouldn't you be pissed?


Not to mention the fact that they are total dicks to you when you actually show your face up there.
Seriously, it would SUCK to be Hades.

And yes, I am fully aware that Hercules is based on Greek Mythology and that Hades has a whole back story that isn't seen in this movie. But since I didn't know all of that when I watched it as a kid, I'm just going with what is in the movie itself.

But yeah, I think that Hades was the only villain that made me laugh and made me worry all at the same time. Like, he's silly, but he can still cause damage and spell out trouble for our hero.
 Which is pretty important when you think about it, I mean, how boring would the movie be if you weren't afraid of the bad guy?


Who is your favorite villain?
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment