Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Favorites


I can't be the only one out there that goes through phases.
You know, that thing when you discover (or rediscover) something and it becomes your new usual for a bit. It could be a TV show, or a beauty product, or maybe even a sandwich.
You become obsessed just for a little while, and then it goes up on your shelf (metaphorical shelf, if it were a real shelf it would have capsized by now...) as an old favorite.
That's what this post is about.
I've decided to do a wrap up at the end of every month describing my new infatuations.

Here goes nothing ;)

1) Sherlock
Okay, so you remember my friend Kelsie, right?
Well she and her family really enjoy the BBC and started watching Sherlock when it started back in 2010 (or maybe 2011, I'm not positive). They told me how amazing it was and told me to watch it, to which I replied with "meh". This went on for YEARS, and every time it was brought up I would just kind of shrug my shoulders and tell them that I would get around to it eventually. 
Well, I finally watched it this month and OH MY GOD.
It's SO good you guys, and I kind of hate myself for not watching it when they told me to watch it.
I watched the entire series in less and a week (which yes is only 9 episodes, but they're each an hour and a half long). And I may or may not have watched seasons 1 and 2 twice since :/ I have a problem.
I'm not going to say a word about the plot, just know that it's awesome and I love it and I'm never going to doubt Kelsie and her sister again.


2) Candy Camera
 Candy Camera is a photo editing app, and it is awesome.
It has filters, you can adjust contrast and saturation, it even has different light effects.
I've spent HOURS messing around with this thing, there's just so many different options and possibilities.




Obviously it isn't something that you would want to use for ALL your pictures, but it can be really entertaining :)
My only complaint is that you have to take the photo IN the app, or you can't edit it.
You can't choose from your gallery or anything like that, which is boo.


3) Braids
I've been OBSESSED with braids in the last few weeks.
My hair is the longest it's been since I was 8 or 9, so now I can actually do things with it.
I finally mastered the fishtail braid the other day and I was RIDICULOUSLY proud of myself.

I just ordered book with a shit ton of hair tutorials, focusing mainly on braids.
I'm SUPER excited.


4) Bud Light Margaritas
OH MY GOSH.
These things are deadly and delicious.
I loved the lime ones that came out last year, but they just came out with new flavors: raspberry and mango. There was a lady at the grocery giving out samples and we HAD to try them both (obviously).
Erin and I ended up getting 10 and drank them all that afternoon.
Awesome ;)


This concludes my little wrap up for the month of April.
I'll be back next month with more of my new favorite things :)
I'll be here in between too of course, don't be crazy.

See ya ;)





ps: I'll be continuing my Disney challenge tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment