Tuesday, February 18, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: Best of '13

Day 17:
your favorite picture from 2013



This is a picture from when my family came to visit me for Christmas.
(left to right: my mom, me, Bryan, my brother, my brother's girlfriend, and my dad.)

This is my favorite picture because it's one of my favorite memories from last year.
As I've mentioned before, I used to live in Washington state, and now live in Virginia. My family is still back west, and thanks to distance, expense and conflicting work schedules, I don't get to see them very often. I've lived on the east coast for almost 2 and a half years and I've only gotten to see my family 3 times since.

This was their first visit here (the other times I've gone home), and this is us at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.

I love my family, which is why moving to Virginia was so hard to begin with.
Sometimes we get on each others' nerves, but we're all really close.

I was really happy to show them where I live (I know that they worry sometimes) and the life that Bryan and I have created out here.
They got to meet my Virginia family, and see the places I'm always talking about.
We got to spend the holidays together (not for realsies as they left on the 23rd, but it was close enough) for the first time since 2010, which made the season even more special.

My brother even cut his hair so he could donate to Locks of Love :)



A lot of people said that he should have kept the mustache, but I was happy with the final look.
He looks like my bubber again :)


See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment