Friday, February 14, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: Something Scary

Day 13:
a picture of something that terrifies you



 
There are plenty of things I'm afraid of:
Spiders. 
Snakes. 
FUCKING COCKROACHES. 
Pretty much just bugs in general.
My teeth falling out.
Tiny (and I mean tiny) cramped spaces. 
Losing my loved ones. 
In all honesty, that one^^ is by far the biggest one. 

But in the spirit of keeping this topical, I'm going to talk about something that's been a bother most lately.
 
I've noticed that I've been more and more afraid of social interactions lately.
Not that I'm anti-social or anything (seriously, try to shut me up), I just am much more aware of what I'm saying and trying to avoid any sort of embarrassment.

It's so weird.
When I was in high school I couldn't care less about embarrassing myself. In fact, the whole time I was living in Washington I didn't give a fuck. But since I've moved to Virginia, it's like every new interaction is stressful for the first few minutes. I am terrified making a bad impression, and I don't know why...

I suppose it's just the fact that, even though this place has been my home for nearly 2 and half years (holy crap), I'm still not completely myself here. Back home it was all the same people and all the same places for 20 years. 

Shit, I hope it doesn't take that long to get my groove here ;)


See you later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment