Monday, February 17, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: Dream Destination

Day 16:
a picture of a place you'd love to visit


I don't know why, but I've been fascinated with The Northern Lights lately.
I've never had any desire to travel any further north that were I used to live (the Pacific Northwest), except maybe just past the border into Canada.
 
But lately I've had a stirring to visit Alaska.
When Bryan and I got married he would always joke about wanting to move to Alaska, and I would always laugh but dread the day that he wasn't kidding.
I've never been there mind you, but I know all the general information.
The cold, the months without a sunset, the wilderness, the danger, none of it sounded appealing to me.
 
But lately, as if out of nowhere, I suddenly want to go.
How beautiful would it be to see the Aurora Borealis outside your window every night?
I don't know a lot about space, but I love gazing at the stars.
It's one of the things I've missed since moving to the city.
And I can only imagine that seeing the Northern Lights with my own eyes would be absolutely breath taking.

Where do you want to visit?

See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment