Friday, February 7, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: My Night

Day 6:
a picture of your night
 

It actually took me a little bit to figure out what I was going to do tonight.
Yes, it is Friday, and I am a fun young lady with a license to party (NOT), but I decided to stay in this evening.

Probably for the best, considering I have to work in the morning.
So I settled in after I got home, fiddled with my guitar a bit, hung around sans pants for a while (don't judge me), and figured that I was destined to sit around watching Frasier all night.

Don't get me wrong, I love lazy TV nights, but I couldn't figure out what to take a picture of.
The TV? My half eaten bag of Ruffles? Yeah, that's suuuuuper exciting.

After searching the apartment for some sort of activity, I came across my half finished HP mural. I started it over a year ago and haven't touched it in months.

This piece was different from my others.
Usually I finish my paintings quickly, sometimes even in one sitting. But this one I've done in steps, sometimes with months in between. I don't know if it's just more elaborate or if I've just been more cautious. Either way, I'm taking my sweet time.

I did the colors first, white outlines of the animals second, the colors and shading of the animals shortly after (this took a few days and it drove me insane), and it wasn't until this last summer that I started on the outline of the Whomping Willow. I let it sit on the easel for a long time, happy with what I had done and scared to finish it.

But tonight, I took the leap.
(Okay, that may be a little dramatic.)
I outlined the limbs of the tree and started to fill them in with a rich dark brown.
It's nothing too crazy, but it's a start :)

I'll be posting photos of further progress :)

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment