Friday, February 14, 2014

Conversation Cookies :)


Happy Valentine's Day!

As I've mentioned before, I really enjoy making cupcakes for my co-workers (especially for special occasions ;) But for this heart shaped holiday, I decided to do something else...


Conversation Heart Cookies :)

They're basically just sugar cookies with colored powdered sugar glaze.
But instead of little flirtations ("Be Mine", "4evr", "I <3 U")
I wrote my co-workers names :)
This took me ALL NIGHT last night (which is why I never got around to posting in my photo challenge... oops :S )
 
It was my first time "decorating" with this sort of icing (I say that with emphasis because I've used it as a drizzle, not so much a solid frosting), so I wasn't super happy with the way they turned out.
I'll probably do these again and try to perfect it (OCD thing), and when I do I'll probably do a tutorial.

Oh, and I put them in little gusset bags and put little tags on them :)


I thought this would be a great adult valentine thing.
It probably wouldn't be best for kids at school because I imagine that some parents would be cautious about unsealed treats (like Halloween). But then again I guess since it's coming from a familiar kid and family and not some rando adult being a maniacal dick, it may be okay.

My coworkers loved them :)
 
^^ Charlotte with her cooooookie ;)


See you later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment