Wednesday, February 12, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: Favorite Disney Character

Day 11:
a picture of your favorite Disney character


That would be Mulan ;)

When I was little, Mulan was always my favorite Disney "princess". Yes, I know, she's not actually royalty, but she's always grouped with all the princesses. All the other girls thought I was weird. "She's weird!", "She's not even that pretty!", or my favorite "She acts like a boy!"

First of all, uh, yeah she is that pretty, are you blind?
Second, yeah, she's a little awkward, but guess what? I'm awkward as shit and I'm awesome.
And as for her acting like a boy, that's the reason why I liked her so much.

She wasn't just acting like a boy for shits, she was doing it to protect her father. As a total daddy's girl (my dad is better than your dad), I totally get that.
And when she was a boy, she was kicking ass!

I just thought she was so cool.
She was tough, determined, smart, everything I wanted to grow up to be.
And yes, all the others are beautiful, but watching them as an adult shows me that they were really just there to be the damsel in distress. But Mulan is no damsel, she's a heroin.
If I ever have a daughter I hope that she sees past the vanity and favors the girl with spunk and character.

And oh my God, when the emperor of China bows to her, I lose it every time.

Who's your favorite? C'mon, you know you have one.

See you tomorrow :)




No comments:

Post a Comment