Tuesday, February 11, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: Guilty Pleasure

Day 10:
a picture of your worst guilty pleasure



As I've mentioned before, my friend Alyssa and I are doing this challenge together on Facebook.
Since the whole point is to see how we've changed in the last few years, we'll talk about some of our answers before we post them.

Today, she messaged me asking about my guilty pleasure (her's is that she watches the Numa Numa video on repeat when she's sad... how fucking cute is she?). I told her that mine was Pretty Little Liars, and she responded with: "Oh, lol that's not so guilty!".

Oh nay nay my sweet little Alyssa, it is very guilty.
And here's why:

Let's start with the fact that I watched the first season in 2 sittings.
I didn't even know what the show was when I started it, I just ran out of things to watch on Netflix. And BOOM. I was hooked.
I finished the second season even faster than the first; it was like I had a disease.
I wanted to scream when I found out I had to wait 8 months for season 3.

And like a disease, it was contagious.
I hooked my friend, who helped me hook our other friend, and now the three of us have a standing appointment to watch the new episodes every Wednesdays.

And I know what you're thinking,
"Kat, we've all experienced this magical addiction to shows on Netflix.
How is this a guilty pleasure?"

How about the fact that this show is aimed at teenage girls?
And I'm not talking "I'm 19, that's still technically a teen" girls, I'm talking "OMG! I'm 13 and officially a teen! The next few years are going to be awesome!" girls.
Seriously though. 
This show is about a bunch of 16 year olds (they're supposed to be 17 now I think) and a shit ton of insanity that would NEVER happen in high school.

Please keep in mind that my friends and I are grown ass women.
And we aren't just fans, we're engrossed in this shit.
We took the damned Zimbio quiz to find out which characters we are.
I'm Spencer by the way ;) awesome.

But yeah, that's my guilty pleasure.
I'm a 23 year old married woman who loves watching a suspenseful teen show.
At least I don't swoon over the love interests. Not even once ;)

See you tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment