Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tunesday: Ewan McGregor


what day is it again? :)


"Your Song" sung by Ewan McGregor

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I'm going to guess that it won't come as much of a shock...
I LOVE musicals.
Like, ALOT.
Rent, Sweeney Todd, Phantom of the Opera, Little Shop of Horrors, Mamma Mia, 
not Cats though. I actually really hated Cats. Ironic? Maybe.

But my favorite by far is Moulin Rouge.
Alyssa had me watch it in junior high and I fell in love.
The story is wonderful, the film itself is visually stunning (ah, Baz:) and the cast is wonderful.
 
But what makes it my favorite is simple:
Ewan McGregor.
Oh my God you guys, this voice is so incredible, it's like sex for your ears.
He gives me goosebumps, especially when he hits the higher notes.
Seriously, all I really need in life is for him to serenade me when I'm sad.
Or when I'm happy. Or hungry.

The entire soundtrack is amazing, but I chose "My Song" because it was the song that made my breath catch in my throat the first time I saw the movie.
I had never seen him in anything except the Star Wars Prequels, so when I heard Obi Wan belt out the first line of this song, I almost died.
And no, I NEVER pretend that he's singing it to me. That would be nonsense ;)

I hope you enjoy :)
And if you haven't seen Moulin Rouge, stop what you're doing right now and go watch it.
For realsies.

See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment