Thursday, February 27, 2014

30 Day Photo Challenge: Fictitious Love

Day 26:
a picture of your favorite fictional couple



As I've said before, I am a complete hopeless romantic.
And what's more "romantic" than real life love?
Oh yeah, love that someone creates in their head and has people act out for our amusement.
It's sad but true folks, falling in love in real life is never quite the same as it is in the movies.
In the movies their eyes meet from across the room, there's always some sort of dramatic conflict that's supposed to keep them apart but it really just brings them together.
And there's almost always some misunderstanding or sabotage that they have to overcome to finally realize that they love each other.
 
Yeah, it's really not all that complicated for realsies.
I met my husband in math class when I was 16.
He was assigned to the seat next to mine; we talked, we laughed, he drew me a picture of a prostitute whale (literally an orca hooker), and I was like "yeah, I'll take this one please".
Perfection ;)

But that doesn't mean I'm not completely and utterly addicted to the crack that is movie/TV romance. Because I am. And if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

It's impossible to pick a favorite.
Seriously, I love ALL of them.
Jack and Rose, Christian and Satine, Yvaine and Tristan, Buffy and Angel (or Buffy and Spike), Lily and Marshall, Monica and Chandler, Claire and Henry, Spencer and Toby...
...I could go on for days.

But, as I've mentioned before, this challenge is about the here and now, so here it is:
My current favorite fictional couple has to be Nick Miller and Jessica Day (probably not all that surprising considering there's a picture of them about 4 paragraphs up).

I am OBSESSED with Nick and Jess's relationship and it terrifies me.
I don't know what I'll do if anything bad happens to them.
(You're reading this right now going "Haha, oh Kat, you're so silly when you exaggerate." I'm not exaggerating. If they break up I will weep and probably die a little.)

Why do I love them?
First off, who the hell wouldn't? They're hilarious and adorable and they just belong together.


Second, I love the fact that they don't fit into the stereotypical box of what a fictional romance has to be.
They love the shit out of each other, but sometimes it's awkward, and they have those real relationship moments that are so often passed over in movies but are a cold reality to those of us living in the real world. It's like they could be a couple that you actually know.

But yeah, they're wonderful and I love New Girl, and if something bad happens I'll scream.

PS: How amazing was their first kiss?


See, you get it ;)


Who's your favorite fake couple?

See you tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment